Monday 30 June 2014

some summer moments (part 2)


I started saying (good)byes to the people I've met here a couple of weeks ago. First, I had lunch with Jasmine (she's looking into doing a work experience period in Finland in December so perhaps we'll meet each other again soon!) but I didn't take any pictures unfortunately. It was lovely, though, and she gave me a little gift which was very sweet!

After that, I met Amber for bubble tea. It was my first time trying it, and although I wasn't entirely convinced, it may not have been my last time.







This was one of the warm summer days we've had a few recently, but not quite as many as I hoped!

A few days later, Ollie and I (and Sherry for a little bit) attended the last party at the university called the Summer Social: By the Seaside. The Students' Union was filled with "seaside attractions" like a candyfloss machine, bungee trampolines, a caricature artist and a fortune teller, minigolf (or "crazy golf") and later in the evening there was a silent disco (which was a lot of fun!) and other club nights. It definitely exceeded my expectations!







Two days after this, Charlie came up North and we went to Driffield to stay with his grandparents for one night. That was really lovely and relaxing, and we even visited the real seaside in Bridlington.






No comments:

Post a Comment