Sunday 22 September 2013

new home

It's my first morning in my new -- and actual -- home. It's a bit further away from the university and most of my friends from orientation week, but I love my room! I much prefer it to my temporary one, which is the way it should be, I think!


One of the walls, the pinboard, and the curtains are blue! The room is also very light because I'm fortunate enough to be at the end of the building so I have two windows whereas most of the rooms only have one. There was no bedding provided, so one of the first things I did was go to Primark for some really cheap ones. They were even on sale!


I got a duvet, two pillows, a duvet cover, three pillowcases, clothes hangers, towels, and a laundry basket for about 30 pounds. Not bad! I still don't have any dishes (or much else), so I'll see if I can get some today.

The flat has six rooms and a shared kitchen. I've met my flatmates already, and they all seem very nice! Three or four of us also partook in the orientation week, so I've seen them around. The flat next to us is all-British, and we're all non-British.




The kitchen is nice, clean, and spacey. As is my room, I think! The buildings in Ranmoor Village (where I live) generally seem quite modern and new, and there doesn't seem to be much wear and tear.


The kitchen window has a lovely view!

Also, I just have to share something...



I've got pink toilet paper.


1 comment: