Tuesday 10 September 2013

tick tock...

Thursday! The day after tomorrow! This week! 48 hours! The clock is ticking...

My to-do list is basically done. I've been organising my flat so it actually looks nice to enter. I've exchanged money (although I got a bit less than I planned because there's a certain amount I can withdraw per day and of course I didn't remember to check what it was and/or change it. But I guess I can still do some on Thursday morning when I walk past the money exchange point anyway).

I've got the student loan money on my account as well. I was expecting only the amount per month that I'm allowed, but I got the whole sum at once. I must've ticked a different box... But that's okay, as long as I've got some money!

I've also been practice-packing twice now. Basically I wanted to see whether everything I wanted to take fit in the suitcase (check) and whether it stays under the allowed weight limit (23 kg, check - mine was everything from 15 to 20 kg). I actually smuggled a scale from my dad's place in my flat in order to weigh my suitcase. It would've been terrible to find out at the airport that the bag was too heavy.

Lo and behold:



Yes, that's Karoliina the doll (she hasn't had clothes for years :( ) and Skandar the seal. And why is there so much pink?


Yesterday I was at my friend's place for a sort-of going-away get-together. We had ice cream!



Yum. I was surprised that I didn't feel so sad yet, for some reason? I've felt sad on so many occasions recently, but I just enjoyed being with my homegirls so much there was no room for sadness. I'm sure it will hit me on Thursday at the latest...



Ylihuomenna... Kaikki alkaa pikku hiljaa olla valmiina, vaikka välillä on tuntunut ettei mistään tule mitään. Olen kokeillut pakkaamistakin pari kertaa ja kivi vierähti sydämeltäni, kun punnitsin laukkua isän luota vohkitulla henkilövaa'alla ja joka kerta lukema jäi alle maksimipainon eli 23 kg. Toivottavasti siihen ei jotenkin maagisesti imeydy lisää painoa matkalla lentokentälle... Olen kyllä tosi tyytyväinen, että tulen kuin tulenkin pärjäämään vain yhdellä matkalaukulla! 
Eilen oli enemmän tai vähemmän viralliset läksiäiset, jotka eivät olleet niin haikeat kuin olin pelännyt. Oli niin mukavaa vain olla ystävien kanssa! Kyllä se haikeuskin varmasti tosin iskee vielä. En ole edelleenkään vielä oikein sisäistänyt koko hommaa, vaikka sitä ei kyllä voi päätellä viime aikojen tunteiden määrästä. Tuntuu, että LÄHTÖ on se, joka mielessä kummittelee, ei niinkään paikan päälle pääsy ja siellä oleminen. Pitäisi vain saada se nyt pois alta...

2 comments:

  1. Siistiä että meet Sheffieldin yliopistoon, koska luultavasti itekkin meen sinne vaihtoon jossain vaiheessa! Sillä aion pyrkiä Jyväskylän yliopistoon opiskelee psykaa ja Sheffieldin yliopisto on ainut yliopisto Englannissa johon sieltä voi mennä vaihtoon. Joten kiva saada tietää millaista siellä on! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vau, mikä sattuma! :D Täältä varmasti tulee paljon tietoa ja kokemuksia siitä, kunhan nyt ensin pääsen lähtemään :D

    ReplyDelete